The Doane Grants and Foundations Relations Staff is here to help faculty, staff, and students identify and secure external funding for approved projects and programs. We welcome and encourage new projects and proposals on behalf of the institution. It is crucial to follow institutional procedures for preparing and submitting any grants and respond to all solicitation guidelines and requirements.
To discuss potential projects, or if another institution has asked Doane to participate in a project, please contact Sarah Zulkoski, the Director of Grants and Foundations Relations. Even if you have not discovered a way to fund your idea, grant staff assists in both project and proposal development.
Projects currently range from university-wide, multi-million dollar, multi-year federal grants to short-term, small projects. Our portfolio includes awards from federal agencies, foundation grants and major donor contributions.
- Establishing Potential Funding Sources
- Project Development and Team Building
- Proposal Development including project narratives, budgets, and other proposal elements
- Proposal Submissions
- Conflict of Interest Requirements
- Time and Effort Requirements
- Award Negotiation and Acceptance
- Subaward Development and Management
- Post-Award Fiscal Management: Payroll, Accounts Payable, Budgeting, and Reporting
- Project Performance Reporting Assistance, including Reviews and Submission (as per funding source requirements)
The following individuals provide pre- and post-award services and compliance and regulatory oversight. They support the pursuit and management of externally funded projects on all Doane campuses.