On an annual basis the Employee Recognition Committee reviews all of the nominations sent in for the year and selects the top 10 people who have demonstrated their dedication to the values and mission of Doane University. Five faculty and five staff are selected for the following awards:
Recipients of the Annual Awards receive the following rewards:
- Recognition by the President at the Employee Recognition Ceremony
- Certificate of Appreciation
- Appreciation gift
- Bagels or donuts for their entire department of the award recipient
Mission Award: The Faculty or Staff member is living the mission of the College by displaying one or more of the components of LIVE Doane.
- Leadership: Developing leadership skills in students and helping them realize that leadership is not dependent on a position. Collaborating with others around a shared vision and acting upon it.
- Inquiry: Encouraging students to think critically, problem solve, analyze and construct knowledge. Using critical thinking and problem solving when making decisions.
- Values: Helping students to develop reasoned ethical values. At Doane, we use our core values as a guide in decision-making.
- Engagement: Engaging students in and out of the classroom that will help prepare them to engage in the world they live and work in long after they have graduated from Doane.
Community Award: Doane is an engaged and cohesive community comprised of individuals and smaller communities, in which everyone can contribute and participate. Making a difference in the communities in which we live and work. This includes, but is not limited to: involvement in community service and outreach projects and creating programs, initiatives and displaying actions that positively impact students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends of the College.
Empowerment Award: Doane encourages its community members to take initiative - to act effectively and ethically by making principled decisions and taking responsibility for them. This includes, but is not limited to: taking initiative by doing what you do in an exceptional way, leading by example and empowering others.
Excellence Award: Doane sets high standards of teaching, scholarship, service, and leadership. This includes, but is not limited to: displaying excellence in teaching, scholarship, service and leadership.
Impact Award: It is the heart of the Doane experience. At Doane, you can make a positive difference on oneself, on others, on the environment, and on life. Living the Doane University Mission and Values in ways that have significant and long-term impacts on people and the environment.